Europe, in the south, in the center and in the east.
• Albura: pale yellow or yellow-white
• Duramen: pale yellow or yellow white
• Fiber: Straight
• Characteristic defects:
• Containers and packaging intended to contain food
• Plywood boards
• Paper pulp
• Furniture interiors
• Chopsticks, matches
• Musical instruments
• Wooden wool for special packaging.
Capacity of being impregnated
• Albura: Impregnable
• Duramen: Slightly impregnable
• Sawing: Easy
• Drying: Easy, but with care in the natural drying
• Brushing and other operations: No problem with very sharp tools.
• Glue: No problem.
• Nailing and Screwing: Easy
• Finish: Easy
• Density: 420-440-480 kg / m3
• Dimensional stability
- Coefficient of volumetric shrinkage 14.3%
• Hardness (Chaláis-Meudon) 2.6 soft wood
• Resistance to static bending 54-76-86,50 N / mm2
• Elastic modulus 8100-9600 N / mm2